View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have had sucess with the Pilates too. I can not do as many as they do on the video! But, I do what I can. It all depends on how I am. I know I will pay in one way, but need to build up what I can. They really pump the lymphatic system and the stretching really is nice. If I am able, I do them once a week until I know I need to stop.

I just had the physical therapist sent from my neuroligist this past fall. He really understood MG. He prescribed energy conservation. He said to just do what I am able. Knows it is not reasonble to give any amount of exercise to perform on any regular basis.

I asked a neurologist years ago, to send me to PT to work with someone to learn what is going on with my muscles. His evaluation of what was going on with my muscles helped alot! Especially for my sanity! But they did not understand MG (I was not diagnosed yet) and had me do some exercises with them and exercises in the pool. Well.....it didnt take long and I went down hill hard. The pool got to where the water felt so heavy I could not breathe. They had to pull me out. (I did not want the crane!) I was in bad shape for a few years after that. It was way too much.

I hope you get to work with a physical therapist. They show you what muscles are working, which ones are not and explain why you move or do things the way you do. I understand so much more. It helped with safety issues, ha!
Imatthebeach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote