View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 03:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie59 View Post
Rationing energy......that is a good good phrase. I will use that if you dont mind. That is it. After reading I remembered my attempt at pool therapy several years before I went on mestinon. After the first visit in the hot therapy pool I crashed big time. The therapist was so so puzzled. She said she couldnt understand how I got worse.

I have done some calling around in years past for a PT that knows neuromuscular. I will have to try again. No luck at that time. It was strange in that none of them were willing to say they didnt really know. I know that likely came out of want to help anyway.

I know a lady back here that has a recumbant bike she likes. She said at first it was 3 minutes and that was that for sometime but now she is up to 15. I do wish I could afford equipment in my apartment. I like the bike idea and have always been interested in Pilates. Maybe sellling some old stuff will get me there someday.

Annie59
You could look up Pilates on Youtube. I had lent out mine, regretted it but found Winsor Pilates 20 min workout on youtube until mine was returned.

I think the pilates are easier to get away with because you lay down? The stretching is wonderful!

I have a very hard time walking. I can walk better if I bend forward.(bad for me tho) Well...ha..I can rollerblade when I am doing fair. You don't have to really use you legs much when you skate. Skating you lean forward. I had always skated. Was never able to get good at it and now it makes sense. I felt embarrassed about it til I saw Michael J Fox playing hockey! Ha, that was great. He can skate really well and fast. I am slow but I smile the whole time! ha! Makes me faster than a turtle!

I have a little trampoline I lightly bounce on. I found it at a garage sale for $5. Good for the lymphatic system. I can sit on it and bounce too.

I also have a exerciser (some call a chi-machine), that machine on the floor you put your ankles on. The mechanism moves back and forth and makes you do a serpentine with your spine. Really good for you if you are able to handle it.

I hope you find a bike Annie! You could always ask for one on craigslist. I can not ride a bike. If I do, my legs stop working totaly, limp, no feeling. That is weird. I miss riding, it really is fun.

What a thing to adjust to all the time. One day you can walk somewhere, maybe ride a bike or rollerblade. Then maybe the next it is hard to sit up. I really appreciated the input of the physical therapists. I do not feel bad saving up energy to be able to do somehting that will benefit.
Imatthebeach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote