View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 04:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face Watch out for yourself or no-one will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
I've seen more times than not......unnecessary waiting due to mis-communication between the Dr office secretary and Insurance personnel.
Call your insurance carrier to verify that they've been contacted by your Dr office. Then call your Dr office just to 'check the status' of your procedure.

Operating Rooms can be VERY busy...... (chime in here Pooh!)
Just make sure you've got an actual 'time slot' with YOUR name on it!

Just wanted to throw this out there because I've seen too many times people waiting in frustration and not getting calls returned, etc etc etc....
Be polite and keep in 'good' with everyone....but don't be afraid to be a 'pest' if you feel you aren't getting any clear answers.

Caring
Rae

Thanks for the advice above. You couldn't have been more right.
I've been calling the insurance and the Docs office once or twice a week. Today when I called the insurance company I found out they received the request. However they said some of the necessary information was missing. According to them the Docs office didn't include my % of relief. They had supposedly contacted them and had yet to hear back. I got the fax # and the reference # and called the Doctor's office myself.
When I called there I had some hoops to jump through and had to explain several times what I had learned. I was told they had submitted it and I would have to wait for them to hear from the insurance peeps. After again explaining what I had been told by the insurance company I gave her the info ( fax # and reference # ) and hoped it would be dealt with. She did call later and say she thought it had been taken care of.

Fingers crossed.

Someone on here had it right when they said...We are the ones with the pain and the need to have things taken care of quickly. You really do have to make sure the left hand knows what the right hand is doing or it will fall through the cracks.

Did I mention I've been waiting for a letter from the insurance company to let me know the trial is covered and still haven't gotten it. I should be patient I've only been told by three people it's been sent three different times.
If we paid them the way they handle correspondence I bet they'd get better at it.

Extremely Thankful
MKHolman
MKHolman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (03-03-2011), fionab (03-04-2011), Mark56 (03-03-2011), Rrae (03-03-2011)