View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciytkittynh View Post
I am again looking for ideas. I too have an autistic child who 10 years old she also has adhd,low muscle tone and anxiety. She was just been approved for SSI. She is going to receive back pay and I have to put it into the dedicated account. OK that that is great it's hers OK but they say I can use it only for nursing care, school, .personal needs (not food,clothes,or utilities or therapy or rehabilitation assistance , OK well she is 10 and autism camp is great idea! she doesn't need nurses or wheelchairs etc. so how can I use this money to benefit her?? Any ideas? I wish I could use it to get her school clothes and things. And I too need my car fixed but have no idea what I can and cannot do. The list is not very clear and social security is not helpful.
Anyone know how to use this money? She does has violent fits and destroyed furniture can this be used for this? Please tell me how to use this?How did others use it? Help!!This is not ssdi or adult ssi.
You are her payee. That means you can use the money FOR HER. I really don't think that it can't be used to buy her clothes, etc. I know that at the end of the year, you have to fill out a form detailing how you used the money.

Keep posting here, someone will come along and advise you. I think the person who told you that you can't use it for clothes are way off.

Anyone else know the answer???

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote