Thread: I finally WON!!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
The statutes would have to be repealed for there to be no reviews.

Do you REALLY believe that NO ONE should be reviewed? No one can have medical improvement? Or everyone but you?

Section 221(i) of the Social Security Act, as amended, requires a periodic continuing eligibility review for disabled beneficiaries at least every 3 years except where a finding has been made that such disability is permanent. Reviews of cases involving permanent disability are made at such times as the Commissioner determines appropriate. This review is called a continuing disability review (CDR).

Section 1614(a)(3) of the Act provides for periodic review of eligibility for Supplemental Security Income, based on disability or blindness. These reviews are either called CDRs or, in the case of the age 18 review, a redetermination.
I wasn't talking about everybody, just about me and Rickey(both in our 50s). We both are in the same boat(cervical spine arthritis). I,for ,one,have severe degenerative arthritis. Everyday my fingers are curving more outwards(ulnar deviation,joint instability). Painkillers do nothing to relieve pain. I also have a heart condition and using anti-inflamatory medications for arthritis effects heart medications.I even called SSA about reviews and there is a good chance I will never be reviewed.
Babyboomer15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote