Thread: Deep waters
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
I can't even imagine what being the son of an alcoholic would be like.
[B]Not a bit of knowledge that I would wish upon you Moondauhter. Sort of like that feeling in your mid-section just before you are to give a speech, only it doesn't go away.[/B
[/QUOTE]

Recently I visited a shaman who instructed me to become aware of the power (for lack of a betterr explanation} emanating from just below thhe belly. he emphasized the importancee of good posture and reccomended to hold my body at a slighht angle when being confronted by those who are angry, critical , manipulative etc so that my heart chakra is not wide open to them.

reading your response the feeling i get is being frozen in fear....exposed -guesss how i know lately I am beginning to wonder about the wisdom of "to heal it you have to feel it" verses a contextual shift where instead of reliving old wounds instead switch the focus to what relaxes us and explore that. takes me off of defense..ini yoga class i am beiing ttaught to be very very kind - not to push but rather to focus on the places in my body where there is ease and tto see iif my awareness can expand that ease.

have you heard of the mandlebrot set ? youtube has interesting videos on this subject. comes to minnd for me when i think of feeling trapped in a fear pattern or being released into ease pattern. like attracts like. guess we are learning patience but learning how to trust..well for mme curriously i am learning that by controlling my impulses i am establishing a way to trust myself.. stepp by sttep dear frieend ....patience and be kind to yourself.

love,
sharilyn

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote