Thread: Checking in....
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 01:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie,

I have read all of your posts and what concerns me is that there seem to be a number of different docs that you have sought treatment from over the last two years....but there doesn't seem to be any continuity. And while you are trying to function as the source of continuity, it seems to be too much for you when you are feeling so poorly.

Have you considered contacting either your hospital or MDA clinic to see if they could hook you up with a 'professional' medical advocate ... someone you could share all of your info and concerns who could advocate for you with your doctors? (You seem to want your daughter to function is this capacity - but it hasn't been too successful.)

I very much question the likelihood of any sucessful outcomes when there are so many different docs treating you in the same relative period of time - often without knowledge of other's treatment plans. While it has to be extremely frustrating for you, the reality is you have many different (and difficult) issues that need to be addressed ... and it may not be in your best interest to attack them all at the same time.

Perhaps working with a medical advocate, defining an 'order of attack', and waiting for treatments to have an opportunity to 'kick-in' before jumping to another option (or doc) would allow real some progress in your overall treatment.
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (03-06-2011)