View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 08:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Diet and exercises/ stretch to help chronic pain/ anti-inflammatory

HI ALL
since august 2010 I have had severe chronic back with sciatica 3 bulging disk in lower back and neck pain with hand numbness, I am working on following techniques ( for the past 3 week )
"treat you own back" Robin Mc Kensies
" pain free " Pete egoscue, section backs
"yoga for scoliosis"with elise browning miller
I feel that I am getting better but ever so slowly, I practise those everyday for about one hour. I will keep you posted on my progress.
but for the past 4 days I have tried a new diet, ( because i have being a emotional depressive wreck ( due to my 24/7 pain) and I think my depression because of the pain is making the pain worse ( the awful cycle)t aking Ibuprofen and melatonin for sleeping. cannot take anything else, my disgestive system won't deal with any others.
The diet :
I have to admit the change of mood is quite impressive. I quit all sugars,(very hard) meat and white flour, but still eating oats, fish, eggs rice and tons of vegetable, and fruits and nuts for snack, and using all the "anti-inflammatory" vegetables , and produce that I can find. I am not dieting, as to loose weight I do not have a weight problem. Feeling much better mentally, calmer and a lot less mood swing. for not a lot of change in my pain ... so I guess, this is helping ?? anyone having experience with this ? will keep you posted virginie
swimwithmanta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote