View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Have you asked your ND about replacing the Adrecor with more common supplements such as the amino acids, vitamins and such that are in the Adrecor?

I have struggled with depression on and off since my concussion in 1965. In 1982, I was in such a depressed state that I could not put two thoughts together. An ortho-molecular psychiatrist got me on a supplement regimen that pulled me out withing 8 weeks. I follow as similar regimen to this day.

I have posted earlier in this tread about the big saving in setting up a supplement regimen that has most if not all of the same ingredients as the Afrecor for substantially less.

I am glad to hear your ND has prescribed a spray of 5-HTP. This allows better dose control to prevent the other risks associated with self-prescribing 5-HTP. L-Tryptophan is a precursor of 5-HTP and also works for the same result.

Ask your ND about the withdrawal from the Effexor since it is an SNRI (Serotonin Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor). As you withdraw, she might want to increase your 5-HTP spray dosage.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote