View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Dear Dear Friend Tom

Receiving words from the doc of such pronouncement cannot be easy, easy at all. I, too, learned very recently that my nerve degeneration in the lower half of my body according to the estimation of my doctor will progress. I at one time was on 1800 mg Lyrica per day [and then far more and loopy meds prior to my SCS surgery]. I understand whereof you speak regarding the difficulty of taking meds, and yet, their apparent helpfulness, if at all.

You have my deep empathy regarding receipt of words which, in themselves can seem debilitating, and yet, you know, for now...... for now, I have this blessing of this stim unit which has allowed me life for now without any pain medication whatsoever..... fully withdrawn. SO despite what my doc said recently, I say- pedal to the metal, and I am going to go for what I can have in life while endeavoring to be a blessing to others. That is my take. Gee, if I had zillions of dollars I would suggest you and I do a bucket list approach to life and make like eagles..... but God did not see a need for zillions of dollars in my life, so, instead I will share and share with you my thoughts of good things and my prayers.

I feel blessed,
Praying for the best for you, Tom,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (03-04-2011), Alffe (03-04-2011), barbo (03-04-2011), Doody (03-30-2011), Lara (03-04-2011)