View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Sorry to hear...

Sorry you are under so much stress... all that adrenaline will speed up nerve transmissions etc. Too much caffeine also is a problem.

My son is having nice results from l-theanine supplements 100mg twice a day. (for the anxiety stress stuff)

For twitching... avoid MSG in all forms. It is neuroexcititory.
Also avoid aspartame (aspartic acid is also neuroexcititory).

Yes, magnesium, either from food or chelated form. Soaking in a bath of epsom salts helps. (be careful -- it makes the tub slippery to get out of).

And you will laugh, but putting a bar of soap like Ivory under your bottom sheet will help. I think this urban legend, which could not be refuted on Snopes, is because of acidic volatile hydrocarbons that the body gives off during sleep. The basic soap absorbs them. Ivory types are the best. Detergent ones less so.

We have a long thread somewhere on Social forum I think about this.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ght=soap+sheet

Also good for muscle function is acetyl carnitine. Adequate potassium intake. Good hydration.

Some medications may cause this.. SSRIs, SNRIs, etc.

Drugs toxic to nerves may be a cause:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread122889.html

I'd start with the magnesium. It works most of the time.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bruegger84 (05-17-2011), Lara (03-04-2011)