Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 06:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ok ~ The lordosis is a curvature so your neck has straightened. At C4-5 you have a protruding disc that covers up the thecal sac (thats a membrane of dura matter that surrounds the spinal canal & cauda equina. The sac is filled with cerebra spinal fluid). You have bilateral facet arthropathy - the facets are those "wing-like" bony structures on each side of your spine - you can see them when you hunch your back. The arthropathy means you have diseased facet joints.

C6-7 you have a disc protrusion that's effacing the thecal sac resulting in moderate central canal stenosis (narrowing of canal) and again - facet arthropathy. There are also bone spurs and foraminal encroachment. The foramin is the hole where the nerves pass thru going to the spinal cord.

I hope this makes some sense to you. I tried to say it in as much laymen's language as I could. Take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote