View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

J N R,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Hope we can help.

Only the uninformed ask if you lost consciousness. If this is the quality of care you have received, you deserve better.

Short term LOC (Loss of Consciousness) has minimal bearing on symptoms. It is only old school people who think it does.

Without knowing more about you and your injury, I will just make some general comments. PCS symptoms can go up and down for many reasons. Some we understand, others we don't. Stress load from work or other situations can be a big factor. Diet, recreational activities, environmental stimuli, quality of sleep, emotional issues, hormonal issues, etc. can all cause an increase/return of symptoms.

For example, attending a rock concert can easily cause problems. Being in a crowded room with lots of people talking can cause problems too. Getting drunk or just buzzed can be a problem. Hay fever can cause problems due to the violence of sneezing and the immune system stress.

I hope you are getting the idea. Those of use with long term PCS have developed skills at minimizing these stresses or triggers as many of us call them.

This is a start. If you can tell us more about your symptoms and your life style/habits that may trigger them, we will be able to help better.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote