View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 01:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 18 Year Old with Post Concussive ADVICE PLEASE!

Hey everyone, I just wanted some advice so I guess I'll explain my story.

I'm 18 and a freshman in college.

Three months ago, I was showering in my dorm room and I dropped a shampoo bottle. I picked it up but when I was standing up I hit the back of my head on the shower knob. It just seemed like a nasty hit, but I wasn't really that phased and it didn't hurt that bad.

The next day I was out of it, but I just thought I was having an off day. The day after that I started feeling very disoriented, having frequent anxiety, and having a lot of trouble falling asleep.

I went home and did some research and figured out that I had Post Concussive Syndrome. A day or two after figuring this out, I felt 100x better, almost back to normal! I felt that way for at least a week, but then my symptoms returned.

Over winter break my symptoms fluctuated, some days they were really bad, but then I'd have a couple days where I felt a lot better.

This has continued, but not as severely as I've returned to college. I don't have trouble doing homework or focusing in class, it's just that I sometimes feel out of it and have very mild anxiety at times.

There's been few days periods where I feel almost back to normal, but my symptoms always end up coming back to me and I feel crappy again. I get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, eat healthy, and I'm a very low-stressed person

Any tips to help me recover? I've had an MRI but it came up as nothing was wrong. Is it natural for my symptoms for fluctuate or should I get a second check up?

Thanks a lot!
Alex
AlexNew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote