View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 07:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default High School Reproductive Health Review Sheet

My 16 yr old daughter brought home a Review packet for her Health/Reproductive Class. She didn't feel comfortable completing the information by herself, so she did ask for our help. There were several questions that I felt were vague, out of line and just plain wrong. We helped her complete the packet, indicating answers that we were together on as a family, I also informed the teacher on the "sheets" my opinion and how we completed as a family and signed it so that they would know that I had reviewed and helped. I also notified her, the principal and the president of the school board via email what we had done, and my displeasure with many of the vague, out of line questions. I'll post the #1 question that brought the most concern and I'd like to get others opinions. The teacher did take things out on my daughter, but she only has 3 more days of class with this "teacher", so I told her to do the best she can and if she feels uncomfortable or singled out again, to ask nicely twice to be excused to go to the office to call home and on the third time if refused, to just politely say excuse me and walk out of the class and go directly to the office and call. So, here's the post, and I would appreciate your comments, and will provide the teacher's answer after I have several responses.
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote