Thread: Ultrasound
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Alison for your reply and its great to hear from you. Your story is the same as mine, my arm became very swollan with bruising all the way up my neck. So they to thought it was a clot but of course it wasnt it was just the RSD. It was so painful and afterwards I felt really weird. I went home and about 3 hours later my mom gave me some ice cream and I started chocking on it, I couldnt swallow at all. Then the pain and that weird feeling got worse so told mom I need to go to bed and lay down. She came to my side to help me up but as soon as I leaned forward my head just dropped like I had no bones to hold it up, it actually looked like a chickens neck after its snapped. It took my mom, and dad to carry me to my bed and my brother to hold my head. I then got much worse with spasms, pain, and color changes so they hurry and put me in the car to get me to the ER but it was about 45min away. Half way out the yard I went into a seizure so instead with my dad a cop he called the nearest fire department and told them to have a bus ready. So they got there and they got me into the ambulance with me still seizing, it eventually got so bad they had to stop at another fire department to get more EMTs, so I had a total of 7 EMTs working on me which of course made pain worse with of course the seizure did too. Then it took the 3-4 months of retraining to get it back. They did a whole lot of tests including the barium swallow test, and the doctor came running into my room and said I have to watch this video of the tests and every nerve was absolutly not working or reacting they were just dead.

Since then I have had many more ultrasounds for many different issues including cancer in my thyroid about 5 months ago puts me into the hospital for weeks. I know they were needed as if like they didnt do the one on my thyroid my cancer could have been much worse. I just hate the doctors who says there is no way you can feel the vibrations in the machine, I just tell them well in a car do you feel the vibrations or when someone walks down the hall can you feel it, well I can feel them all. When I am in the hospital my body even starts spasming because of the vibrations from the foot traffic.

Thanks again for your post. I hope your doing well!

Niki
alaska49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote