View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 01:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
No, Debbie, it is very vague. It would depend on the age of the person answering the question. And also their own personal definition of "intimacy". There can be lots of different definitions of "intimacy". I would not want my child to have to answer questions like these.
This is the problem I had with the question. The teacher told me that she was going towards "friendship/secrets" and not "physical" (sexual). I told her that she needs to re-word it then, ask for the different types of intimacy, and leave the listing/naming off of it. Her answer was that she would have listed or named her mom and her cousin. Could you imagine the problems if a kid listed their father, uncle, grandparent or even a T-E-A-C-H-E-R?

I also have a problem with another question she had on there regarding where a mom could drop off her baby and not have any problems. To me, this is encouraging and giving these kids and "option out" of a situation that is not one to be taken lightly. Obviously, a woman (even a teenager) has 9 months to try and figure out whether they want to keep the baby or give the baby up for adoption. If they want to be adults, to do adult things, why not teach them that they are not prepared for certain situations instead of encouraging them by giving them another option.

Sorry if it seems confusing, but this is exactly how the question was posed without the poll answers. I put the possible answers there to show where the teacher was headed, but lacked to use the correct wording. Without the poll answers, I took the question in the context of being intimate and listing "partners" (2), not as being special friends.
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (03-08-2011), Kitty (03-05-2011)