View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 01:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default RLS or something else? Help, please, confused

I have been living with these strange symptoms for 5 years now. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's hypothyroidism in 2005 and I had the disease undiagnosed for 10 years. I did have trouble sleeping from 2001 to 2006. My thyroid levels were better, and all of 2006 I slept like a baby. I had a new mattress, good thyroid levels, and I was my old spry self again. I threw myself back into an exercise routine and lost 30 pounds.

In 2007 I moved back to Chicago and began having strange symptoms. My legs will feel very warm at night. Not hot to the touch, they have a normal body temp, but they feel warm from the inside. I move them around to a different part of the sheets to cool them off. That lasts about 15 seconds and I have to move them again.

I also feel like I have the weebie-geebies in my calves and I need to shake them about or tense/relax the muscles to try to get relief. I sometimes feel this during the day if my clothing is tight/uncomfortable or if I've been sitting in a weird position.

Within the past 3 years I've developed some new "fun" symptoms including paransthesis in my feet (buzzing feeling), hot poker stabbing pains (various places--mostly legs), my calves ITCH LIKE CRAZY before bed.

I've been taking gabapentin since 2007 and it does help me to sleep 7.5 hours a night, 90% of the time.
lightsleeper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote