View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 04:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Norabelle ~ If you haven't had an MRI in the last year, you should do so. You need one with and without contrast material ~ and then you should get a referral to a Neurosurgeon and take those films with you. You need to get an opinion from the Neuro ~ not necessarily for surgery, but just an opinion.

There could be a number of things that you have. It is hard to say without the MRI results. Get your doctor to order the test, and ask for the MRI report for yourself too. They will copy one off for you ~ then you can bring it here and post it -- we can help you out with that.

In the meantime, if your back is too painful, use ICE on it for 20 minutes every 2 hours. My neurosurgeon told me this. He said NO HEAT - as heat makes things worse by drawing blood to the heated area and causing more inflammation and swelling. The ice reduces inflammation & swelling and reduces pain too.

I wish you the very best. Keep us updated. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote