Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 06:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

dear Ali,

I am so glad that SandyS said what she did - she's a mom of an RSD kid and she KNOWS... I've felt awful since reading your post and didn't know WHAT the right thing to say was...every time I see a post from you I keep hoping and praying that its going to be good news...

So, so sorry that your situation hasn't improved. You are near and dear to our hearts...and like too many RSD kids, have been sick too long. Sigh ... I can tell you that I know that by staying physically active I have helped myself. I have a bad leg and some days aren't so great - sometimes I get up and its hard to walk. But fresh air and exercise keep me sane. and my little dog (the same cannot be said for my teenagers, however!!). start out slow - maybe move just to the end of your sidewalk and back. And put a chair outside so you can feel the sun and breeze on your face for a few minutes each day.

We love you lots and look forward to the day you can finally write you are doing OK!!! In the meantime, please follow Sandy's instructions. She knows what she is talking about!!

XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
Hi guys,

I hope everyones doing well ! I haven't been on the forum much lately as I have been busy so thought I'd take the time to update you all as to what has been happening with me lately.

In May I have my big school exams and officially leave High School. I am doing 2 exams in Math, 2 on English, one on English Literature and then some on ICT (computers). It's been stressful trying to revise for them. I have an home tutor at the moment as I am unable to cope with a school timetable right now. I have been getting good grades but he isn't so supportive when it comes to my rsd

I had an interview at college last week and I have been told that I have got a conditional offer on the course I want to do providing I get the grades I need. I'll start that in September and can't wait ! I know it's going to be stressful but the tutors know about my rsd and have been supportive so hopefully that'll help !

As far as the rsd is concerned, things haven't been going too well. I'm in a lot of pain lately and am unable to do much of anything. Even laying for short periods of time hurts a lot. It's 4:50am here in the UK and I havent slept at all so far! Its really getting me down now! I had an appointment with my doctor a few weeks ago and was told that there's nothing he can do to try and manage the pain as I've tried almost everything so basically I'm going to have to cope with it ... Easy for him to say! He wants me to go onto a 3 week intense PT / Rehab program for kids again and he's hoping that'll help me seal with things better as I've been really depressed lately. Unfortunataley there's a long waiting list but I'm hoping it'll help.

Been told there's nothing much more they can do has really affected me! Not so long ago my Dr was hopeful that a pain pump would help and I had my hopes built up. I then developed back issues and am no longer able to have it done ... Seems to be one thing after another lately!

I hope you are all doing well. I'll try and update mode when I can and let you all know how my exams go. I think of you all often.

Take care
Alison
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (03-07-2011), SandyS (03-05-2011)