View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I did find this from http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/i...licant.shtml#d

How long will I have to wait for a decision?
Initial application service standard

We make eligibility decisions on at least 75 per cent of applications within 120 calendar days (4 months). The time begins when we receive a complete application which includes the questionnaire, application and medical report.

Note: If additional information is needed, it may take longer to process your application or your request for reconsideration.

After you fill out your application kit and send it to us, a member of our Service Canada staff will call you to explain how your application will be processed, the type of information we need from you, and answer any questions you may have. We may also gather more information from you which will help us determine whether you qualify for a disability benefit. As we process your application, our medical adjudicators may request your medical records from hospitals, doctors and other health care providers, and they may ask you to see another doctor who will evaluate your medical condition. When seeking information from outside sources, we have very little control over how quickly a response is received. These delays can add to the time it takes to process your application.

If you would like to know the status of your application while it is being processed, please feel free to contact us.

We will telephone you to explain how and why we made the decision on your application before we mail you a letter confirming the decision. The phone call and letter will tell you if your application has been approved and what your appeal rights are. If your application is approved, we will also tell you the date that your benefit begins and the amounts you will receive.

If they actually do what they promise, I think that's a good policy to call the applicant and explain their reasoning process. Wish they did that here

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote