View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 12:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Alice,

Thank you for the wise and helpful words. The comparison of MG to diabetes is very accurate. I can't thank you enough for saying all this. Great timing as I am feeling pressured to do more by my family, but I don't feel ready to do more, even though I feel better I always have the heaviness in my muscles which means to me that any poor choice on my part wiill have the MG symptoms return in full force.

It takes a lot of focus to keep on track with all the things I've learned to do that help...I did end up eating too much sugar yesterday and felt my body get heavier as my muscles got weak, I ended up taking a long nap...maybe at some point in my life when all I've learned becomes habit and I don't have to think about it so much, I'll return to working, but for now it seems to me that taking care of myself is full time work. I am so glad I did quit working, even if I have to go back, it feels so good to be able to stand up straight...I feel like I gained, or regained, a few inches in height.

I do miss working, this is the second time I've had to give up a career for reasons beyond my control...it really hurts on an emotional level, makes me feel lost, I understand why you keep working...I do look forward to finding a new, third, career that I can do even with the MG, haven't figured out what that will be yet. As for now, I am just trying to figure out how to live with the MG.

Thank you.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote