Thread: Any Advice?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouch123 View Post
I broke my neck in a car accident last year. I was in another accident a few months ago and now my feet are killing me. The pain seems to be moving up my legs. My doc said I have neuropathy in my feet and put me on Lyrica. It isn't helping at all. I have young children and only slept 3 hours last night because of severe burning and pain. Any advice?
Hi ouch,

Some people respond better to Lyrica, some better to gabapentin (similar but cheaper), and some better to amitriptyline. I was taking gabapentin, then learned about a supplement - R-Lipoic Acid - here on this forum, and that's all I take for the burning now. It worked like a miracle for me, but my results probably aren't typical. Nevertheless, it can't hurt, it's inexpensive, and no side effects.

Keep reading, keep communicating, keep trying.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote