View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 09:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Shocked sudden onset weakness

Three weeks ago my occular mg was in remission. I then had zpac, whch gave me diarrhea, which was closely followed by gastroparesis. My eyes, as at first, became extremely sensitive to sunlight, resulting in ptosis. After a long go-around with gastric problems aggravated by mucous and saliva draining into my stomach (btw, I still have a lot of stomach acid), my dr. sent me to the ER. They found a UTI and gave me antibiotic by IV, depite my protest; they also found potassium deficiency most probably caused by my suddenly stopping eating rather large amounts of cashews.

So--have noticed at night (paresis is gone and I am starting to eat and am able to take my mestinon regularly again) my knees buckling plus a forward bend to my body when I walk. Today I walked to the mailbox to pick up delivery from Medco. On way back I could not stand straight not make my legs hold me up. OK--have the service dog bring my phone to me; whoops, had not put his service jacket on. So I just sat down in the rain on the drive for a fairly short while. Got back up and was able to make it inside the house ok.

Question, or just a request for an opinion: What are the odds that I have brought on the generalized condition I did not have before illness? Has anyone gone from occular remission and no generalization to muscles through a more total episode that lasted permanently? Or did not last once illness, deficiency was resolved?

I am waiting for first visit to my new neuro who is really, really good. Rural area, but it has some excellent doctors if you can find them; this is university town with nursing school also. Problem is usually long wait to get in first time. Getting with, and staying with one of these would be best for me; my mg care got screwed up in first place cause family doctor did not want me to wait for the neuro appt. with the dr. we both knew was better.
trumandem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote