View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 08:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bob Woodruff and TBI's on ABC

I know this is going to sound hash and I don't mean for it to, please cont to read and you will see where I am going with this, I do wish for cont progress for Bob Woodruff and all others that have been injured and are fighting to make progress and return to their normal life or at least be able to return to their maximum potential possible.

For the last 2 days, I have seen so much on TV about Bob Woodruff and the veterans that have encountered TBI's (tramatic brain injuries) at war. They are reporting about how difficult it is for the injured to get their correct medical care and extended therapy needed and how they come back from war, only finding it difficult financially and that many are going bankrupt.......Many are also complaining it takes "so long - days even months or a year" to get approved for disability. Many injured from war with families that are fighting for them seem to prevail and get more treatment and therapy to assist them in working through their disabilities so that they are able to return to a somewhat normal life but for those that have no family little is offered and often little progress is often made, leaving many unable to perform even their simple daily functions without assistance of others.

Now from what I understand....since this has been brought to public attention by Bob Woodruff's unfortunate injury and his recovery process (being an ABC employee sure didn't hurt his chances of getting the best treatment either)
the president is now heading to the forefront of this topic to make sure all injured from war TBI's will get the treatment they deserve. Numerous times during televised programs, it has been mention how these injured, were just "doing their job".

This is the type of public attention that is needed for IW's. It's a shame attention can't also be given to the fact that Bob Woodruff is an IW not a soldier. This is what many of us have said would have to happen for IW's to get the attention needed. If the same attention could have been directed to the IW's and their RSD, can you imagine the progress that would be directed toward its treatment and research?
rsdpainradar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote