View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Cathie,
So glad that you are doing as well as can be expected. Sorry that you were discharged earlier than you would have liked. I guess in the US we don't have as much of a shortage if beds.

Stay on top of the meds. Take them ALL on a regular basis. Do NOT let the pain get ahead of you. I made that mistake early on.

Sleeping is difficult. Do you have a recliner? I slept in one for at least 6 weeks.

Eating is difficult in the beginning due to the swelling. Keep up with the liquids. They are the most important. If you are still on the narcotics and with anesthesia, you need to make sure you take a stool softener. Your system has had some major changes. You don't want any additional issues. Don't worry about the soft foods too much.

Just try to relax and take your time healing. Do you have any meds to help you sleep if needed? Ambien? Are you wearing a soft or hard collar? The soft collar is much more manageable and only took a little while for me to get use to.

Take care and feel better. Do not push yourself too much. Take is slow. IF friends and relatives want to drop off food or help out in any other way, take advantage of their generosity.
Feel better.
Gail
ACDF C5-6 C6-7 12/3/2010
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote