View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 10:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Don't know some of these abbreviations, like LP or CRP. A doctor once told me my SED rate was high because I was old and all old people had higher SED rates. This was before dx with Porphyria and then Polycythemia Vera. PV will raise the platelets. Mine are now
about 4 times normal. I am taking Pegasys, a timed release Interferon for this. I have seen marked improvement in neuropathy in my feet in just two days. It is now Day 3. But I have had some degree of breathing problem one of these nights....the kind of semi=paralysis of the diaphragm which can occur in both MS and Porphyria. So that is a
rotten side effect. Did not have last night. Hope I can take this junk to improve neuropathy so much, including less numb in feet. My body is definitely a mystery. Probably all of our bodies are.
Pegasys is a timed release form of Interferon A. I think Interferon B is what is generally give in MS, i.e. Betaseron. I wonder if it has the same side effects? But I don't ever have typical side effects.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (03-07-2011)