Old 03-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Hi Joan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanB View Post
I dunno...my latest neuro is claiming that my PN is from nerve impingement due to degeneration/stenosis/narrowed disc space(?) and that PT will help it.

I am very skeptical, not of what the MRI said, but of that being the cause of my PN. But I'm doing the PT his doc buddy prescribed so that they can't claim that I'm a bad, bad girl. That's just my take on the situation, and I could be full of you-know-what. I often am.
Could you elaborate on the PT you are receiving.... This is the route I will probably be going for starters.... Is your PN bilateral? And if so.....what is the PT targeting?
In my case - I've battled bilateral burning neuropathy in legs - of which I had an SCS implanted. The SCS does cover over the burning pain.....but now I'm dealing with horrendous lower back pain (a knife is stuck in my back )
Xrays have shown that I too am dealing with 'multi-dimensional' degenerative issues, as Fabdoe has indicated - very common

Your post caught my attention and I was just curious of what I might expect when I pin down someone who will take a serious gander at this lower back issue.

Does anyone have any feedback on non-surgical spinal decompression, as is used with those DXR-9000 machine thingy's I've inquired about this over on the spinal forum and have got some good feedback......
Just wondered what our PN friends have to say about this?

I too have been told I have RSD, but it isn't really clearcut. One Neuro diagnosed SFN via nerve conduction blah blah....but nothing really adds up. I'm kind of in a vortex of unknown origin

Anyway, I hope you get improvement, Joan......keep us posted

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote