Thread: scs pain
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 07:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to hear about the pain and problems you are having. Since my SCS, I believe I have gotten much, much worse.

If you don't mind me asking, what state are you in? Have you thought about contacting your Medicare office and speaking with your worker to explain what is going on and how things are worse? Have you thought about contacting an attorney to discuss the problems you are having? I hate to say this, as an emergency room visit is so expensive, but have you thought about going to the ER and having them look at things?

Has your doctors talked to you about RSD is how it can "spread"? Mine didn't, and I learned about it after my second SCS implant (first one was awful - batter rotated to where controller couldn't communicate and it was sticking out about 1/2", also my leads were moving), so now not only is it in my right leg from the knee down, but also in my back, arms, neck, shoulders, fingers, etc.

Also, how long ago did you have your surgery? The first thing I would definitely do is call your worker, explain to them what is going on and what the doctor told you. I understand where Medicare (or any other insurance company) would say they only pay for a surgery once, but maybe what they mean is they only pay for a device once. It seems like Medicare (or the doctor) would have no choice but to see what is going on with you now. Maybe the doctor is afraid that you will seek another opinion and it be found out that he "screwed up". Make the call yourself to your worker - questions are free. Good luck to you!
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote