View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa in Ohio View Post
Hi Steve, sounds like you have already figured out the WC system, hurry up and wait. I don't know what state you are from, but most have an online site where you can track the process on your case and see what has been turned in, approved or needs to have a hearing. You will need to request a password which they may send you in snail mail. I have really found this to be very helpful and did not know that it was available to me until an attorney that my son was interning with told me about it. I know it goes against most things that you will read, but I have found a wrist brace to be very helpful. Your doc can write a prescription for one, and WC may pay for it ( I am allowed 2-3 a year) or just go to the drug store and get one for about $20. It doesn't sound to me that you have found the correct drug cocktail to make your life livable. Please find a pain management clinic, WC should pay for a consult and if they are helpful you just have to fill out a change of physician of record to make them your regular pain doc. This is
really great group of caring people who can help you a lot. Glad to meet you, Lisa
Welcome to our informative family!!!! I'm not familiar with the WC steps but understand it is a big hurtle... I want to ask you to move quickly, doing your homework and see a RSD well informed Dr. Work closely to arrange blocks and other interventions recommend as your best chance for pain control and remission will be during the most early stages of RSD. Continue to read, educate yourself and reach out for help here. Be your own best advocate. RSD is a beast to reckon with but you can do it...Stay positive and lean on us here...

Soft hugs, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote