View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

This is a wonderful idea and a great article!!!!

I have a good question for ya though!! Who will benefit from this? We can't even get good books into public schools. They are putting childen in bathrooms to teach them and many many people don't have insurance coverage or if they do, it doesn't cover anything.

Like Alan, for example. We have the same insurance plan but because I'm diabetic, I can get a new pair of special orthopedic shoes but Alan who has severe neuropathy, ulcers on his feet all the time, well he's not eligible BECAUSE HE'S NOT DIABETIC!!!

So when this new techology is developed, I wonder who is actually going to be able to take advantage of a new bladder system, and best of all, who will actually get the electrodes implanted and get up and walk.

I don't think it will be available to "everyman", if you get my drift.

There are thousands and thousands of paraplegics and quadraplegics.

I can just see them reading this article in a health journal and a magazine and their hopes start rising and they start thinking. "Oh my god, there's a chance for me to go to the bathroom, and to actually walk someday"???

One can only hope that some billionaire comes along, helps to fund this research and makes it available to ANYBODY who needs it, not just a select few.

I don't like the way insurance companies are making their decisions. When I first started to work, you waited 6 weeks, and your health insurance kicked in. Now, most companies don't even offer it.

I don't know what is happening to our country but the people who need help the most are not getting it.

I sincerely hope that this person who helped invent the bladder system thing can succeed and that many people who truly need this technology (like the late Chris Reeve), well certainly hope they can one day get up and walk.

I mean, they have bionic arms (I saw that on oprah).

Why not, a pair of bionic legs. You strap them on, you plug your nervous system into the legs, and you get up and walk.

Boy, would that be something!!!!!!

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote