View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 01:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Newly diagnosed with RSD

Hello All! My name is Amy. My diagnosis of RSD was confirmed approximately 2 weeks ago by the physiologist that I was referred to from podiatry. We (the doctor's and I) believe it was brought on from a navicular fracture that happened September 21, 2010, and my bone is still broken on top of having RSD. This is a very scary diagnosis for me as I am only 27 and have 2 young children. I am feeling very overwhelmed and frustrated. It's already been five months that I have been in a space boot and hard casted and back to a space boot again. It's been a 24/7 battle to function because of the debilitating pain I am constantly in. Questions to the new RSD people... is anyone else having a hard time coping with the daily struggles of finding a way to function? And a question to the RSD vet's... is there ever a time that you have accepted this diagnosis and been able to complete daily tasks more easily? I have already been warned by two different doctor's and a physical therapist that I am going to have a long road ahead of me. I am happy that I found an online community that will be able to relate to me and vice versa. Thank you for any input!
HurtsBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote