View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 02:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Grin

Hi hurtsbad,

I am sorry to hear about your pain. RSD is not a fun thing at any age, but having two young children would make things harder.

I was in an auto accident in 2007, and fractured three toes (it was called a Lis Franc Fracture because of the bones involved and the tendons), chipped my ankle and knocked my knee cap out of whack (torn meniscus too).

I wore that horrible "boot" for many, many months. I swear I thought if they didn't do something soon to get me out of it, that I would throw my back out or make me walk funny. Ha, I didn't have to worry about the boot long though - the RSD took care of my walk.

I don't want to scare you, but you are facing a tough time. Do research! Ask questions, especially if they mention any surgeries! Surgeries make RSD worse! It started in my leg and foot after the accident and surgeries. Then I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted to "help" my foot in late 2010 - now it's in my back, arms, neck, shoulders and fingers. The stim is hard to keep the sensations in the right place and I am having really bad problems with chest wall stims.

I turn 42 in October, and I want to throw the towel in. You are young and strong and found this site early! Read everything you can on RSD - ask questions if you don't understand things. Definitely stay away from the ice (I lived with my ice machine - the one that was recently recalled - for many many months after my multiple knee and foot surgeries). Be careful with the heat too - right now, I am having trouble with my finger tips and hot/cold things.

Big internet bear hugs to you, you have support and can find the answers here! #1 thing - don't be some doctor's guinea pig - ask questions and avoid the knife and ice.
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HurtsBad (03-07-2011)