View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 04:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz Migraine View Post
It depends on the state. Each state has their own qualifications and criteria for the disabled/seniors.

When I was approved for SSDI back in 2005, my local SS office sent me a booklet outlining everything the disabled/seniors were entitled to in my state and local county.

All you need to qualify for most of the entitlements is a Medicare card. Income does not come into play. Again, it depends on your state and/or county programs.

Well....damnit ! I think my state is about as far to the left as they come.....Where's my free/reduced stuff !

I'm partially kidding, because my family is doing okay financially (I mean, getting ready for kids to go to college, etc/need a new roof, and a new septic system....most of us could use more........)

I have looked into such benefits though, because when my kids graduate high school and I get divorced, I will be financially screwed. I haven't figured out how much I would have in savings, etc after dividing up all marital assets.....but just thinking about how I will afford rent/mortgage, car and insurance, utilities, and food when it is just me and my SSDI is frightening.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote