View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 04:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Making friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
This is quite an old thread (2007), you might want to start your own so members can meet you.
Hi Jen--hope you don't mind me calling you Jen

I am new to this board-in fact, this is my first post

I was born w/hydrocephalus some 60 years ago and my head kept growing to age 12, but unfortunately my body never really caught up.

Making any kind of a friend has ALWAYS been difficult for me given my large head. To make matters worse, for the first 20 years of my life, I wore VERY thick glasses-thank God for contacts.

So I truly understand what it is like to feel left out.

I wish that hydrocephalus and near sightedness were my only problems, but that is a long and complicated story for another time.

I instantly identify with "outsiders" like me and can immeditely spot people who have been abused like me.

I used to ask God, "why me" w/all these problems. I thought I was being punished. I realized much later in life that I would not have it any other way.
These problems have made me the kind, sensitive, caring and generous I am today. I quickly rush to aid of peole like me, so I know the pain and rejection you must be feeling. People might say to you-"what's the big deal' nobody here is going to reject you?' But highly sensitive people like us are always on alert for that hurt until we are re-assured it is OK

So Jen, I just wanted to tell you: "It is OK" I am here if needed as are all the others.

Be well, Bob

So Jen
Phillips is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote