View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 05:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hydrocephalus and concussion

Hi

I am new to this board-second post. I have had hydrocephalus since birth(some 60 year ago and am NOT shunted-I function normally and have an IQ of 133 and work as an expert witness and testify in court)I am recovering from a concussion and I can't seem to get doctors to understand how potentially serious this is. They look at the CT scan and as long as there is no hematoma they send me home w/a pre-printed sheet of instructions. I am NOT your average person w/a bump on the head. I get "Post Concussion Syndrome" that can last for weeks-dizzy, light headed, weak, queazy(?) stomach, foggy feeling in the head. The only doctor it seems that can properly monitor my condition and improvement/regression is my Chinese Dr. through TCM-who, btw is an MD, Neurologist, w/another Phd and Masters degree and a Post Doctoral Fellow at the University of Pennsylvania and who practices acupunture.

So my question is: "Has anyone else had experiences w/Post Concussion Syndrome and have you been hospitalized for it? In the "good old days" I was kept in bed in the hospital for three days and observed and taken care of. Now I am alone to fend for myself hoping I don't fall again and die before help arrives.

Thoughts/Experiences anyone?

Thanks, Bob
Phillips is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote