View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 05:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Chronic headache with back/neck pain

Hello all, Thanks for reading my thread. I have had headaches for going on about 6 months that all seem to be related to neck and back pain. Most concerning is that I also have tingling in my ear and cheek on the right side on occasion (sometimes, but rarely both sides), and I also have burning from time to time in the back of my head, on my neck, and between my shoulder blades. Additionally, I also have numbness in my pinkie and ring fingers on my left hand sometimes.

I have seemingly always had some kind of muscle pain in my trap muscles which over the last six months had increased in intensity and has spread to include my neck and the back of my head - also the area above my eyes from time to time. I do a lot of standing and working at a desk as I am a teacher.

I went to a Chiropractor who set me up with xrays which revealed that I have little curve in my neck and some arthritis in C1/C2. I discontinued the chiropractor service after about a month because it just didn't seem that what was being done was helping. This was a mutual decision by me and the Chiro.

I have an appointment with a Neurologist in about a week and can't wait to see him to get some idea of what's happening with me. Then again, I am also really nervous because of all of the other stuff that is symptomatic of what's going on with me. I guess what I'm looking for are similar stories that you could share from similar experiences or feedback on my symptoms.

Thanks a lot!
TresHombres is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote