View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 07:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default headaches after strong alcohol consumption

hello,

i am not sure this is the right topic but i just want to give it a try.

a year and two months ago i had some symptoms like post concussion symptoms like headache and dizziness after rapid movement of my head. at first i feel dizzy for a couple days and then it diminished. Afterwards, my cracking headaches started. That headaches lasted for two months and i visited three neurologist. They all think that it is not a concussion and i have tension-type headaches and prescribed me some antidepressant medicines. I used it for a while, and then my headaches disappeared. But once in a while i used to have them. Unfortunately, About Four Months Ago, One more time, I did a rapid, sharp head movement by mistake (actually i did not mean to but it happened accidentally) and had nausea and headache for a few days. And then, my symptoms cleared at all but today i have some doubts.

normally, i do not have any symptoms but all time i can't help asking myself whether i have a brain damage and cannot be old self again. Because i used to be very successful and bright student, Still i can be considered as successful but not knowing my brain is damaged or not is making me crazy. by the way my CT and MRI is OK.

when i consume strong alcohol, i have sharp pain at the top of my head, and it lasts for a while. Pain is alleviated overtime and transformed into dull pain.

What can it be ? I am really scared and do not know what to do. I am like in infinite loop, i cannot break the loop, just thinking this issue again and again.

by the way i am 21 and male.
podcast is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote