View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 09:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Hi Stellatum,
Bear with me as I don't get online as often as some and I have several irons in the fire
OK, I noticed about 5 years ago I would get pain in my face - mostly left side - it got worse ea winter - now I think it has two factors - one is dryness - second is heat. I would put a small electric heater under my desk and when it came on the pain would follow. I would notice this when driving also. I read that MS is heat affected so I could see that MG is related and likely sensitive to heat..
Then, as the pain got worse I started to have balance issues - walking - driving - several times I would have to pull over and wait a few minutes to feel safe enough to drive. Went to my PCP, he thought it was allergies/sinus's - sprays and meds did not improve it. Went to ENT - ran bunch of tests - nothing... Basically said go home and deal with it... It got worse ea year and many days I would have to have wife drive me home.
I also started having left hip pains, would give out when walking - had tests and everything looked normal I was told - by now my PCP was thinking I was either nuts or a wimp, I was getting embarrassed to complain - tried to keep it to myself yet I was getting worse.
Thankfully I changed PCP and the new guy was familiar with B12 deficiencies. I started shots last April and felt 100% better immediately! Now, weather also got warmer and thus heaters were turned off - so not sure how that all factors in just yet - still learning myself.
At least part of my balance issues revolve around vision problems. Sitting in front of a computer was almost too much at times - now I am doing much better from the B12 shots but still having some vision issues. I would not call it dbl vision, but like one eye is focused at a different distance than the other - hard to put into words... Sometimes just watching someone talk to me can make me very dizzy, like the eye muscles cannot keep up with the movements?
I was a very competitive shooter until 3 years ago - actually inducted into a Hall of Fame for it, so you can understand I really was aware of vision changes.
So, I am still learning, is balance from vision? Is it from weakness? Not sure - I think combo.
One thing I learned is find a health care provider that believes in you as too many want to fix people with "simple" challenges, not many Dr Houses out there....
Whew - tired from typing!
Smokey
Smokey56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stellatum (03-08-2011)