View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 09:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I definitely have a serious balance problem but with all the other more serious concerns it has not been anywhere on my list of topics to cover with my MG neuro. I hit door frames constantly and always on my right side which is the side that my right knee gives out. But even when I am walking fine, I will misjudge the door frame width or something. I really don't know how or why it happens but it's very frustrating not to mention painful.

My migraine neuro (a dif neuro) had me do a test to see if I could walk a straight line and I could and I said, "Thank you for not making me close my eyes." He then had me try to stand on a 'line' with my eyes closed (not walking) with my arms outstretched. I fell right over immediately. You might want to try it. I really wonder what that all meant. He asked me if I was really sensitive to the movement of other cars out my periphery when I am stopped at red light and sense movement. I said, "Yes." But it didn't really help me understand it all any better.

I lose my balance a lot during IVIG infusions too for some reason and then I recover pretty quickly after they are over. I am a 'special case' I hear......debra
art chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote