View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 10:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny22 View Post
Hi there!!
I'm totally confused!!! I've been suffering from MP for 5 months now. I have all the symptoms like stinging, burning, scratching, touching sensibility etc. My local doctor was sure, that these are the MP symptoms. I also got lidocaine injections which reduced the pain a lot.
But today I was in a hospital and got the nerve conduction velocity test. And the nerve conduction velocity is totally normal. So the doctors sent me away:-( They told me that the nerve conduction test is very safe - if it turns out normally you can't have MP. are the doctors right?? or are there some MP cases with normal nerve conduction velocity?or could it be that I HAD MP and it's healing now...?
I'm quite desperate now. the worst thing would be another desease without a diagnosis

Well, the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve is a sensory nerve which I don't think is "testable" with an EMG. EMG's are for motor nerves. Just a hunch, but you would need a test like an SEP or or SSEP to test that nerve and confirm meralgia paraesthetica
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote