View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TresHombres View Post
I do have poor posture, admittedly. The tingling in my ear often happens when I am sitting hunched over at my desk. That reminds me to sit up!
Hi TresHombres,

This could mean a lot. I had a lot of the same kinds of symptoms, and still do, but different and I've seen some improvement. Somewhere along the line, some doctor will probably recommend physical therapy. Do it. It'll be slow, like the chiropractor, but that's the way PT goes sometimes. Gotta work on that posture and fix it as much as it can be fixed. The one exercise that helped me the most was the seated chin-tuck (google: chin tuck exercise), along with some cervical traction (we bought a home unit that hangs over a door). It took several weeks, but my headaches, burning, and neck pain improved.

Do whatever other exercises/treatments the PT recommends as well. A good one will be trained & experienced in analyzing your posture problems & pain, and be able to put together the most effective regimen for you.

Good luck & best wishes,

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote