View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 10:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephercan View Post
I live in san francisco. I am currently on General Assistance. I tried to apply for ssdi (depression/anxiety) last year but the triage people at the SF GA office said I didn't have enough mental health history. They also had concerns about my addiction issues.
about a year after I tried applying I discovered that I have an advanced case of Hep C as well as kidney cancer. I had the cancer removed successfully (thank God). I am unemployed, on welfare with astronomical medical bills from my surgery.
Because of my huge medical bill I was advised to apply for medical together with ssdi
The people who refused me last year seem to have interest in taking me on as a client now. I was given a function report to fill out which I did in a thorough way.
I have an appointment this Friday to see a psychiatrist. I was told that I have not been accepted as a client yet so it looks like my friday appt will be the deciding factor. I have heard that the advocates from the SF GA office have the highest success rate. Is that true?If they decide to take me on as a client does that mean I have a good chance of winning?
I need advice about what to say and what to not say to the shrink. I have addiction in my story. Even though I used drugs to self medicate my depression it has been brought to my attention that talking about addiction can hurt my case. I want to be honest but if it will hurt my case I would like to know.
Should I shut up about drugs? I have been in a couple of rehabs....can they find that out?
Also, I've heard that a number of routine tests are given like ink spots etc. If anyone can give me an idea of what kind of tests they will be giving me or perhaps there's a site that can coach me?
If anyone has any tips about my upcoming appointment I would really appreciate it
thanks
C
Post Icon :
Do you want them to find out that you are a liar?

I suggest total honesty.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote