Thread: New MRI results
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 11:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi there

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemom View Post
And docs visit today. The last MRI was in 07, gave new guy the films for comparison. No surprises, L5s1 is getting worse. He says there's not much of the thecal? Sac left. What does that mean, and what happens when it's gone?

As for treatment, he wants to do an injection, maybe 2, of cortisone and lidocane. He says I won't feel anything but some pressure, because the spinal cord stops farther up. Is this true? The idea of this injection is freaking me out.

I have some new meds to try also. He also wants me to walk in a heated pool 30 min x 5 a week.

I asked him about a stim, he said it was for lumbar area only. I need some relief in scapular area too, may have to educate him a bit!

Anyway, that was today. Comments?
What kind of symptoms are you having that you need an injection? I've had numerous injections like the one you are describing and never had a lot of pain. I had pressure and some aching but it was pretty tolerable. The worst part of the procedure is the local (Lidocaine) anesthetic. It burns like fire and that sensation passes quickly.

Take care!

Rhona
RhondaIndy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote