Thread: sitting
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 01:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie59 View Post
Oh yes this is something I just started to compensate for. Didnt think aobut the logic, the necessity. I am so grateful for my couch I just bought by chance before I got worse. The back of it goes clear up like a recliner. Sometimes I put pillows at my sides to help support me on worse days. Just my arms hanging at times causes pain if I have strained an upper body location so the pillow supports my arms at a hihger level. I could tell the one nurse at the hosp who I told I needed a bed not a chair the second time for IV fluids didnt think it was a big deal. She hedged and said if they had one. I nicely said I know I am only 59 but my body is like I am 90.

I dont think it has anything to do with 'being slow' to get it. I just see at times when stuff like this sinks in or someone points it out like here how there is another place I have just started to accomodate with out really thinking why.

Annie59

I am still amazed 'sitting' can make me so tired! Weak. I realized a while ago, sitting in an electric cart at the store, in my electric chair, in a moving car really tires out and makes my torso weak. I notice it also makes my breathing harder.
Imatthebeach is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote