View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 05:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfLarsen View Post
Going to the dentist shortly with a couple toothaches. I have RSD in the left foot and I was wondering if anyone has ever had any RSD-related problems in connection with dental work. I hear that surgeries and other invasive procedures can make RSD spread, so it occurred to me that something like a root canal might be problematic. What about stuff like fillings and teeth cleaning? Also, what might be done to reduce any risks? Thanks!
I have had numerous root canals and tooth extraditing post CRPS and I have not had the disease spread from those activities. My CRPS is also located in my lower extremeties (from hips to toes) and maybe that is why I have not had issues of spread in relation to dental work. I'm curious to see if any group members have actually had a spread from such work as I think back I don't think I have seen a group member with such results. I have heard of preventive measures taken by having a nerve block performed prior to the dental work being performed but in those cases I think the patient had CRPS in their upper extremities.
Sarah
Swatgen27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
WolfLarsen (03-08-2011)