Thread: ACDF Surgery
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 08:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
After trying and exhausting all of the non surgical options I have opted for surgery. My pain has primarily been controlled by Gabapentin and light dosages of Oxycodine as required.

The pain down my left arm has intensified over time and I'm now experiencing numbness in my right leg and foot at times. Although spinal traction and manipulations do help; I can't continue this way as I'm far too young to continue medication for the rest of my life
My neck is always in pain increasing as the day progresses. I live in Alberta Canada and the Surgeon is very well respected. He seems very optimistic as I am. He will be completing a multi level C5-6 / C6-7 procedure. They will be acquiring the Bone from iliac crest for the fusion. I have heard mixed comments on this procedure regarding recovery and pain. Comments? The count down is on and I'm very nervous
Hello 6pack, I am from Ontario and had a 3 level ACDF(C4-C7) in 2009, my neurosurgeon offered to use donor bone instead of my own(hip) bone, as he stated it is a longer recovery period and painful, with the donor bone being so safe to use why deal with more pain then necessary, one way or another it is all bone and will eventually fuse, just my opinion, good luck! Bunz
---------------------------------------------------

bunz50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote