View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfri1003 View Post
Well I had another week of work as a teacher.(I worked the week of 2/14 then a week off and then this week of work). I find that I am totally exhausted, achy and at times in significant pain. I have been going to PT 3x a week for 2 weeks now. From here on in, I will go 2x a week. I am hoping that the pain and symptoms that I am feeling is just from the recovery, poor posture (I'm trying to be good) or doing too much. I get pain and tightness on the right side of my neck, pain down my cervical spine from the base of my neck to the area between my shoulders, burning from shoulder to shoulder and major knots in my shoulder blade area. I also get intermittent numbness along with coldness in my left hand and fingers and heaviness in my left arm. I go back to the OSS on 3/14 for my 3 month visit. Hoping to see some bone growth this time. I have all of this written down in the journal that I have kept since the surgery. (The journal of concerns, questions, symptoms and changes is something that I have kept since coming home from the surgery. I highly recommend it since I found my memory is shot. I bring this journal with me to any appointment so that I can keep the answers to all my questions in the same spot.)

Would love to hear if others are having similar situations.

12/9/2010 ACDF C5-6 C6-7
DDD, severe arthritis
2/14 back to work as a teacher
at 6 week check no bone growth
bone stimulator 4 hours a day
PT as of 2/21
still concerned
Hello frenchfri1003,
Sorry to hear you are still having pain issues, what exercises are you doing in PT, or what do they have you doing? I did not start PT until the 6 month after my 3 level ACDF, at which that time I could not even go back to my job on modified/light duties. Maybe you are back to work to soon or pushing yourself too hard in PT, how is your ROM? Really work on your posture its very important. I feel your pain as I deal with severe muscle spasms(scalene, scapular), headaches, hand/arm pain, numbness and tingling sensations bilaterally. Still have issues with new disc herniations(double crush syndrome), osteophytes and thoracic outlet syndrome, which your some of your symtoms mimic. Great idea on the journal! I hope you feel better soon and get great results from your Dr.

Bunz
---------------------------------------------------

bunz50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote