View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 11:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you...
im too ill to stand up, im mostly in bed..i can walk for a minute but thats it.
i will thing about the straps.
why cant there be a cure for this!!! you would think it would be easier to cure than many diseases out here.
thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
I wasn't planning to assess this yet since, in general, I'm pretty healthy and John is doing well also. I figure any benefits will be gradual and subtle. Which is true for me in most things.

For me, it seems to be calming...kind of takes my edge off. I can work myself up quickly. So it creates a sense of well-being which helps relieve some stress. I have notice that one of my veins in my leg that was bordering on becoming (i guess) a varicose vein has actually improved in appearance.

For John, not sure yet except that he has some increased activity in his feet. In the past, this was a sign of healing where his feet would wake up a bit more. Then when they calmed down, they were improved. He hasn't had jump like this in while so I assume the grounding is helping. We'll see how he does in the summer.

The other thing that I just realized, is that I don't have anywhere as much sinus congestion when I wake up. Hmmmmm...and this is the time of year when my seasonal allergies kick in.

Healing takes time and your body will prioritize what it wants to do first. I know that finding a way to connect with the earth can only help even if it doesn't resolve all my problems. Anything that stops progression or reduces symptoms is a good thing. So many things can be fixed or balanced without us being aware of it since there are no physical, outward symptoms tied to the imbalances in our body. Example....elevated blood pressure. You don't feel bad and it won't cause any "physical" symptom for a long time but it is doing harm.

Lori....I don't know where you live but you can, if possible, naturally ground yourself. Start with 30 minutes/day. Barefeet on the grass, dirt, or concrete will do. Then work up to 2x/day. Also, the straps are more affordable than the sheet. Sleeping grounded is more powerful since that is when your body does a lot of its repair work.

Finz....Sleeping better is a good thing and goes a long way to improving your overall health. I'm glad it's helping.

I will be purchasing something for John to use at the office to help reduce the effects of working on the computer under florescent lights all day.

Hope this helps.... I know it's not a "miracle" testimonial, but then I wasn't expecting a dramatic effect. Sometimes you don't realize the benefits from a therapy until you stop it for a while.