Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurontinsucks View Post
Hi There,

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and put on Gabapentin 300mg, 3 times a day at first for like 4 months. Then, dosage increased to 1200mg per day for like 4 months. For the past 4 or 5 months, I've been on 1800mg per day.

I don't have a doctor currently due to financial reasons. Well, I ran out of Gaba last night. I don't want to be on this medication anymore anyways. I feel like it made me a zombie, like I can't feel my feelings or something. I can not even react to things like surprises, other people's feelings, etc properly.

I guess what I want to know is, am I going to be OK detoxing off of this stuff? I mean, will I die? lol I'm prepared for the side effects . . . I'll do it because I hate the stuff.

I do have Flexeril and Vicodin if I need them for withdrawal. Very low doses as I'm sensitive to medications. I also take Welbutrin every day so I thought maybe that will help with some of the withdrawal.

Thanks for the support.
It's good to have you!
You and I take the same meds. I noticed when I was first taking Neurontin, I became very depressed.....and started having very 'dark' thoughts, sorta like suicidal ideation....just basically feeling like this was going to be my last few months alive.....very sad indeed, as I'm only 47 and I have a beautiful family.

I'd be very careful with this if I were you. At least keep of journal of sorts, so you can keep track of which med you took, the dosage, which days you lowered....etc. Monitor your moods...
I've taken Wellbutrin for 15 yrs.... and at one point decided (on my own) to cut my dose in half because I thought I could do without it and I was wanting to save money. Not good. I had unpredictable mood swings.
It can be dangerous. After all, Wellbutrin and Neurontin are meds that have been known to cause seizure-like side effects.

Just please be careful.

Truly Caring,
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote